Where Are We?
Our farm is located southwest of Calgary, about 15 minutes from Highway 22X. Finding our farm is easy if you print these directions! Don't trust Google, it uses different names for the country roads.
Directions From Calgary
- Go South on Deerfoot Trail or Macleod Trail.
- Go West on 201 Stoney Trail ( 22 X / Marquis of Lorne Trail: All names for the same road)
- Go past Spruce Meadows.
- Turn left/ South on 37 Street (also called 96 St)
- Follow for 5 km until you get to a 4-way stop where Red Deer Lake Meats is located.
- Turn right at the 4-way stop onto 226 Ave.
- Follow this road. You will pass a group of 16 silver grain silos on your right. Stay on the road for about 1.5km after the silos. You will pass a bison farm on your right.
- Turn right on 2239 Drive West. There is a black/yellow checkered sign and green mailboxes here. If you see 242 Ave on your left, you have gone too far.
- Follow 2239 Drive West for about 2 km until you get to the third driveway on your left. Turn left at the large "Laughing Horse Ranch" sign.
- Follow the driveway (keep right) until you see our sign and our yurt (round brown building). Do not drive on the grass, please stay on the driveway loop or park to the left of the road before the yurt.
Directions From Okotoks
- Go west on Elizabeth Street and follow out of town.
- Turn left on Highway 549.
- Then turn right when you see the "Important Intersection" sign onto 112 Street (Highway 773).
- Continue until the T-intersection. Turn left at the T onto 226 Ave.
- You will pass a group of 16 silos on your right. Turn right on 2239 Drive West. Turn left at the "Laughing Horse Ranch" sign. Follow the driveway straight until you get to the brown yurt and the green and white house.
Parking available to the left of the driveway before you reach the yurt. Please do not park in the front yard.
There is no reliable cell phone coverage at our house, although you may be able to send and receive text messages.
Phone 403-931-2595 or 403-931-2102